I absolutely love Halloween and I have to admit that it's possibly one of my most favourite times of the year as I love dressing up and getting into the Halloween spirit. I was utterly thrilled when F+F at Tesco contacted me to ask if I'd like to take part in their 'Urban Witch' competition as I love Halloween and I most certainly love a good competition. I, along with 14 other UK fashion bloggers, were asked to create an 'Urban Witch' costume using F+F clothing and accessories, the outfit could have been anything from a little black dress to something a little more daring, the aim was to add 'fashion to frightening'. In order to create an 'Urban Witch' costume, F+F at Tesco kindly provided us with a £50 voucher to spend online and they also sent a little box of goodies which included makeup, sweets and other treats.
If you'd like to see my 'Urban Witch' creation, please keep on reading.
When creating my outfit I wanted to go for something that was on trend but glamourous at the same time. I also decided against choosing a dress and a floppy black hat as that's what a typical witch wears and I wanted to be different from the norm. Instead I opted for these gorgeous tartan trousers as they're uber stylish and they can be worn as formal or casual wear, tartan is also a massive trend this A/W. I paired the trousers with a simple black shirt as I wanted the trousers to be the main focus of the outfit. I also added a fabulous pair black heels as they are chic and stylish, the gold toe cap also ties in with the gold detail on the trousers and shirt too. I also felt the shoes were a little halloweeney as the pointed toe gives a witchy feel. To finish off my outfit I added a stylish hat and a simple necklace.
My intention was to be a stylish urban witch and I think I managed to pull it off.
Where To Buy:
Topshop Black Shirt - £30.00 - Similar Here
F+F Swing V-NeckVest - £6.00
F+F Tartan Trousers - £20.00
F+F Gold Cap Court Shoes - £25.00
ASOS Roll Brim Boater Hat - £18.00
Topshop Necklace - £12.50 - Similar Here
As well as creating an 'Urban Witch' look, I also created a wearable halloween makeup look using the products Tesco sent me. I wanted to go for a green smokey eye and a dark lip as I thought this would suit the outfit best. If you want to know how to create the look, keep on reading.
- Apply foundation to the skin, make sure you work from the centre of the face as you want your foundation to be even.
- Apply concealer if needed.
- Set your foundation with a powder, this can be loose or pressed.
- Using a angled brush and a sculpting powder, contour your cheekbones. You may want to contour your nose, jawline, forehead and temples too.
- Apply a small amount of blush to the apples of the cheeks.
- Apply a dark green cream eyeshadow to the eyelid and blend upwards and outwards using a blending brush. For an intense look, repeat this step twice.
- Using a flat eyeshadow brush, pat a small amount of black pigment onto the eyelid, again blend upwards and outwards using a blending brush.
- Using a clean blending brush and a soft brown eyeshadow, blend out the edges. This will give a softer finish.
- If you want to add a bit of glamour, pat a small amount of glitter onto the centre of the eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
- Using an angled eyeliner brush and gel eyeliner, create a flick and line the top lash line.
- Using a black kohl pencil, line the top and bottom waterline.
- Add a small amount of the soft brown eyeshadow to the bottom lash line and smudge with a smudge brush.
- Apply mascara and eyelashes.
- Line lips with a black kohl pencil.
- Add a small amount of black lipstick to the outer part of the lips.
- Add a small amount of red lipstick to the inner/middle part of the lips.
Illamasqua Precision Gel Eyeliner - £18.00
Rimmel Day To Night Mascara - £7.99
Eylure Eyelashes in '101' - £5.35
Sleek Eau La La Liner in 'Noir' - £4.99
Illamasqua Skin Base in '02' - £27.00
Ben Nye Luxury Powder in 'Cameo' - £7.50
MAC Sculpting Powder in 'Sculpt' - £14.00
Inglot Face Blush in '20' - £10.00
Sleek Eau La La Liner in 'Noir' - £4.99
MAC Lip Mix in 'Black' - £14.00
Barry M Lip Paint in '162' - £4.49
I hope you all liked my 'Urban Witch' creation and if you have any questions about anything I have featured, please feel free to ask away!
Thanks for reading and good luck to the other 14 bloggers!
*This post contains PR samples.