Saturday 15 June 2013

Colours Of The Rainbow Tag!


I was recently tagged by the lovely Gemma from Gemsmaquillage to do the Colours of the Rainbow Tag. The rainbow tag is a rather popular tag at the moment and many of you will know this as it has been floating around the blogging and Youtube world for a few weeks. The rainbow tag is such a fun tag to do and it's understandable that many people have done it. If you're not familiar with the rainbow tag, then you basically have to apply the colours of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet and also pink and multicoloured) to beauty and/or fashion items. You can either relate the colours to beauty products, fashion items or you can have a mix of the two, I chose to relate the colours to just beauty products as I wanted to keep things simple. 
So without further ado, here are my 9 colourful beauty products!



Red - MAC Lipstick in 'Lady Danger'
'Lady Danger' is possibly my most favourite red lipstick of all time and if it was ever to be discontinued, I'd literally buy 10 backups (and that's no exaggeration). 'Lady Danger' is a bright red, orange toned lipstick and it has a matte finish. If you're looking for a red lipstick that has great staying and packs a punch then this will be perfect for you! I love MAC lipsticks in general but this one really does stand out from the rest, the colour is insane, it's super duper pigmented and it lasts for hours on the lips (and that's without a lip liner!). I had to use this for my red product as it's such an amazing lipstick, if you want to see how beautiful it is, a swatch is provided at the end of this post.

Orange - MAC Lip Pencil in 'Lasting Sensation'
Now I've used this lip liner for my orange product for 2 reasons, one, it's a beautiful lip pencil and two, not many people are aware there is an orange toned lip pencil out there so I wanted to show you there is. In general, MAC lip pencils are fabulous as they're soft, they don't drag, they're easy to apply and they have great staying power. You can also wear the lip pencils alone or underneath a lipstick, but I will warn you that if you have dry lips you may want to wear a gloss on top if you're wearing the lip pencils on their own as they can be quite drying. What many people don't know is that MAC have a wide selection of lip pencils available and this is probably due to them not being openly on display. The lip liners come in a wide selection of shades, from burgundy to pink to orange. When it comes to lip liners MAC really have got it covered, it's just a shame they're poorly displayed in-store because I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't know they existed. Aside from MAC being a great place to buy funky coloured lip liners, the 'Lasting Sensation' lip pencil is beautiful, it's a perfect orange lip pencil for wearing underneath orange toned lipsticks, and I have to admit that I even wear it underneath pinky orange lipsticks! Overall I love the MAC lip pencils and I especially love the colour of 'Lasting Sensation' lip pencil.

Yellow - Juicy Couture 'Viva La Juicy' Perfume
I didn't really know which product to use for my yellow product because I do have yellow eyeshadows and lipsticks but I only ever use them for creative purposes so I wanted to include a product I wear often.  In the end I had to opt for my Juicy Couture 'Viva La Juicy' perfume because this is something which I use often and in all fairness it is yellow, so I think I can get away with that one. It's a really lovely perfume, especially for the summer, and it really lasts on the skin. I tend to find some perfumes wear off after a couple of hours but this really doesn't, the scent remains until you wash it off. I'm no good at describing scents which is appalling as I'm a beauty blogger but all I can describe it as is girly (what an insightful description). It's a lovely perfume with a lovely scent and if you like the other Juicy Couture perfumes, you'll like this.

Green - Illamasqua Eyeshadow in 'Pivot'
I got this eyeshadow in the Illamasqua sale at Christmas and I didn't think I'd end up loving it as much as I do. The reason I bought 'Pivot' in the first place was because it was £5, it looked like a funky colour and I thought I could chuck it in my MUA kit if I didn't like it when it arrived. Anyway, 6 months has past and it's probably the best £5 I've ever spent, it's uber pigmented, super soft, lasts on the eyes and it has immense colour pay off. What you see in the pan is what you get on your eyelid, you literally have to use the smallest amount and you don't need to layer the eyeshadow at all. I've found in the past that some bright eyeshadows need layering but this baby certainly doesn't.
Also, some of you may be thinking that 'Pivot' is far too bright and that it's not a wearable eyeshadow but let me just tell you, 'Pivot' works well with a neutral smokey eye especially if you place a small amount of 'Pivot' in the inner corner of the eye, it really does make the eye 'pop' (really hate the word but it was necessary).
It's a beautiful eyeshadow and I have to say that it's the nicest green eyeshadow I own (and I have a few!). It's safe to say that this beauty didn't end up in my MUA kit.

Blue - Estee Lauder Daywear Sheer Tint Release
Not many people know what this product is so let me just explain a little bit about it. The Estee Lauder Daywear Sheer Tint Release is essentially a tinted moisturiser that when blended, it adapts to your natural skin tone. It's a perfect product for those people who like wearing light weight products that give a hint of colour. The sheer tint doesn't give any kind of coverage whatsoever so it wont cover any sort of imperfection but it does give the skin a lovely healthy and even glow. I love wearing the sheer tint in summer as I find foundation too heavy to wear in the summer months, it makes me feel as if my skin cant breathe so the sheer tint is a great alternative. I love sheer tint and I'll be buying another bottle when my current one is empty.

Indigo - Urban Decay Eyeliner in 'Ransom'
Again I cheated a little with my indigo product as the only indigo thing I could find was my Urban Decay eyeliner in 'Ransom'. You can always rely on Urban Decay for cool coloured eyeliners so I knew I'd have an indigo-ish eyeliner amongst my Urban Decay eyeliner collection. Urban Decay eyeliners are brilliant (hence why I own so many), they're really soft, pigmented, glide onto the eye with ease and they stay on the eyes all day. 'Ransom' is also a fabulous colour, it's navy blue with a hint of purple, it'd definitely be a nice alternative to black if you wanted to wear something a little different.

Violet - MAC Lipstick in 'Strong Woman'
I've never been fond of purple lipsticks as I didn't think they'd suit me but when MAC released the ever so beautiful 'Strong Woman' lipstick I took a chance and just bought it, it could have been the best thing since sliced bread or it could have been an utter disaster. Luckily for me it was a winner because I was delighted to find that I in-fact didn't look like a pleb, it actually looked okay. Since buying 'Strong Woman' I have worn it near enough everyday and have suddenly grown a love for purple lipsticks, I think a purple lipstick addiction may be progressing. Even my boyfriend says he likes it best when I wear my purple lipstick and he says that it's his favourite so it must be a winner. 'Strong Woman' is a matte lipstick and like all MAC matte lipsticks it has amazing staying power and colour pay off. I love 'Strong Woman' and I'm gutted I didn't buy a backup.

Pink - MAC Blush in 'Pink Swoon'
I love MAC blushes as I personally feel they're the best on the market, they're pigmented, long lasting,  have great staying power and come in a variety of different shades and finishes. One of my favourite MAC blushes is 'Pink Swoon', a lovely pink sheertone blush. 'Pink Swoon' can be worn sheer or built up to a more intense colour which is great as you don't have to worry about applying too much, you can start off sheer and build it up. 'Pink Swoon' is ideal for me as I have no colour to my skin, if I apply a little bit to my cheeks it warms up my face a little, making me look alive as opposed to dead. 

Multicoloured - Inglot Colour Play Lipstick Palette
I recently did a post about my Inglot Colour Play Lipstick Palette so if you'd like to see an in-depth review with a trillion photographs and swatches then please feel free to check out that post. I had to use this palette for my multicoloured product because it's so funky, I mean, just look at that beauty! I was going to use one of my Urban Decay palettes but decided against the idea as they're not as funky as this little gem. The colours play lipsticks can be used on the eyes and face as well as the lips which is pretty cool and they can be worn alone or mixed together to create different shades. I absolutely love these lipsticks because they super creamy which means they're ideal for my dry lips and they're also extremely pigmented with excellent staying power. I won't go into much detail about the palette as I've done a huge review on it but all you need to know is that it's an amazing palette. And there's no denying that it's multicoloured.

Swatches
Top (Left to Right): MAC 'Lady Danger', MAC 'Lasting Sensation',  
Illamasqua 'Pivot', Urban Decay 'Ransom', MAC 'Strong Woman'
Bottom: MAC 'Pink Swoon'

Video Version

I hope you liked this tag and if you decide to do it, let me know!

Much love,
Cole
x

3 comments:

  1. Love the red lipstick! Plus your hair looks so pretty blonde!! xxx

    velvetpassion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun tag! And all the products you mentioned are wonderful! You're brave for wearing the Illamasqua eyeshadow; I'm not sure that I could pull that off!
    Love reading your blog!
    xx Amber
    lovely-notions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tag, I'm really tempted to do a post on my blog soon! :D such great post btw :D xx

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...