The first thing I'm going to show you all is a cream lipstick. I only purchased one of the cream lipsticks as I'd never tried them before but I think I'll be purchasing more very soon so hopefully I'll be able to show you more of the cream lipsticks in the near future.
Inglot offer 3 different types of lipsticks; 'Matte', 'Cream' and 'Pearl'. The different finishes are available in a wide selection of shades, possibly the largest amount of shades I've ever seen. The great thing about this is that if you're after a red lipstick but don't want a red matte lipstick, you can easily select a red cream lipstick. The lipsticks also retail at £10.00 each which I think is pretty reasonable as the quality is better than a MAC lipstick.
I knew I wanted to try a bright red lipstick so I tried to find a colour that looked remotely bright. Luckily I chose the right one, even though I had to guess.
So without further ado, here is the lipstick I chose...
Cream Lipstick in '127'
Swatch on my hand...
Swatch on the lips...
- Pigmentation - The lipstick is very pigmented, I was actually shocked at how pigmented it was. You also only need to use a tiny bit, this is a huge positive as the lipstick is going to last.
- Longevity - The lipstick has great staying power, I would say it lasts around 6-8 hours with eating and drinking. With any other lipstick you would expect the staying power to be around 4-5 hours.
- Texture - The lipstick feels very comfortable on the lips so it would be a great choice if you suffer with dry lips. I find that I can't wear matte red lipsticks in winter as my lips go really dry so it's nice to have a red lipstick that I can actually wear. The lipstick applies very well to the lips as the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Size - The lipstick contains 4.5g of product which is brilliant. A MAC lipstick, for example, contains 3g of product so you're getting an extra 1.5g with Inglot lipsticks. More product for less of a price!
- Variety - I have honestly never seen as many lipstick shades in all my life, there is literally a shade for everyone. There's every shade imaginable, even a gold lipstick!
- Packaging - I wouldn't say the packaging was particularly good or bad, it's just okay. I think the black shiny tube is lovely, and in a way it looks quite classy but I think it could be better. I know I shouldn't be complaining about the packaging because the product itself is great but for £10.00, I think the packaging could be a little better. I also find that the lid is a little tricky to push on, almost as if you can feel air being trapped under the lid. It doesn't affect the lipstick in anyway but it just feels a bit odd when putting the lid back on.
- Availability - Now I know that Inglot have an online website and also a store in London but other than that you cannot get hold of it. I wouldn't necessarily say the availability is a huge issue as you can buy online, however I think £5.00 for delivery is appalling.
- Price - Although £10.00 seems quite reasonable, it's still considered to be expensive to some people. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative then try the Sleek 'True Colour' lipsticks! If you don't mind paying extra, then I'd definitely recommend trying an Inglot cream lipstick.
- Website - There is nothing wrong with the lipstick itself, but the website is horrendous. It's hard trying to find the perfect shade as the colour chart isn't very clear. I think Inglot need to take tips off Illasmasqua and start doing proper swatches as it's hard to look at various shades. I also think the website could be set out a little nicer as it looks a bit boring.
Overall it's a lovely lipstick and I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I will say is that it's quite bright so if you're a little colour shy, it might not be the one for you, you could always try another shade though! I'll definitely be buying more of these very soon!
If you'd like to check out the Inglot website then here is the link; Inglot
Thanks for reading!