I was recently sent a lovely rose gold box containing three products from the new L'Oreal Lumi Magique collection. A lovely lady called Hannah contacted me to see if I would like to try products from the range and as I have been a fan of L'Oreal for a long time, I jumped at the chance.
Here is the lovely box I was sent. It includes the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer, Lumi Magique Light Infusing Foundation and a Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen.
I love how big the box is and I love how it comes with a huge mirror. I'll definitely be using this box for storage!
I'm going to be reviewing each of the products individually as I can give an in depth review on each of the products. So by judging by the title of this post, I'm going to be reviewing the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer, part one of the L'Oreal Lumi Magique posts!
What L'Oreal have to say about the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer...
"Brighten skin with Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer, an instant light source which gives an enviably glowing complexion. Featuring liquid light technology for an immediate illuminated optical effect, the skin's surface looks flawless and full of vitality."
"A fresh, light and silky soft formula which provides 8 hours of hydration, this primer diminishes the appearance of dullness for a luminous finish. Skin looks picture-perfect and radiant."
What are the product claims?
- Can be used as a base under any foundation or it can be used alone.
- Can be mixed with any moisturiser or foundation.
- Can be used as a highlighter.
- Improves the lasting power of foundation.
- Evens out skin tone.
- Illuminates the skin.
- Provides 8 hours of hydration.
Where can you buy the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer?
The L'Oreal lumi magique pure light primer retails at £9.99 and can be purchased online at Boots and in-store at Boots and Superdrug. Both Boots and Superdrug are offering 3 for 2 on all L'Oreal products at the moment so it may be worth stocking up on old favourites or maybe trying out a couple of products from the lumi magique range.
What does the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer look like?
The primer comes in a thin, lightweight plastic bottle.
Won't take up any space or break easily.
The primer has a pump, great for dispensing the correct amount.
Is the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer suitable for everyone?
The primer is suitable for absolutely everyone, no matter if you have dry skin, combination skin or oily skin.
If you have dry skin then this little beauty is going to be your best friend as it leaves skin feeling hydrated. L'Oreal claim that this primer leaves skin hydrated for around 8 hours and I would say that this is true. At the moment I have dry skin and have noticed that when I wear this primer, my skin doesn't feel dry or itchy. I usually have to remove all traces of makeup as soon as I return home after a busy day as my skin starts to feel awful throughout the day but I find that this isn't the case when I use this primer. If you have very dry skin then you may need to use a moisturiser before applying this primer to your skin, just to give you that extra moisture.
If you have combination or oily skin then you will like this primer as it doesn't leave skin feeling oily. The primer doesn't create unnecessary oil throughout the day, unlike some primers, this is a huge bonus if you suffer with oily skin.
Obviously everyone's skin is different so whereas it might be brilliant for one person, it might not be so great for another person. Just try before you buy!
It's also suitable for all skin tones as it's colourless, it just adds a lovely sheen to the skin.
If you're looking for an illuminating primer, then this is the one for you.
- Concept - I think it's great how the primer can be used alone and also underneath any foundation. I also think it's great that you can use it as a highlighter too. I don't think I've ever seen a 2 in 1 primer before.
- Product Performance - The primer does improve the lasting power of foundation. When I wear the primer I find that my foundation doesn't slide off the skin at all, I also find that it doesn't transfer onto objects (e.g. my iPhone) as much as it usually would. The primer helps to keep foundation in place all day without budging.
- Finish - The primer leaves skin looking luminous all day. It gives the skin a healthy glow and adds touch of radiance. I wouldn't say that the primer evened out skin tone as it's illuminating properties outweigh it's evening properties.
- Texture - The primer doesn't feel oily or greasy whatsoever and it doesn't have a thick consistency, it has a lovely lightweight texture and it also feels very silky and smooth.
- Blend-ability - The primer blends into the skin smoothly and evenly, it melts into the skin.
- Packaging - The primer comes in a slim lightweight plastic tube. It also has a pump meaning you can dispense the correct amount of product. The primer is light and small enough to carry around with you and also pop in your makeup bag, and you also don't have to fear that it's going to leak or break due to the plastic packaging. I like how slim the tube is and I like how light it is, I hate big bulky products that take up a lot of room.
- Size - The primer contains 20ml of product which is a good amount, the standard amount is usually around 30ml so the L'Oreal lumi magique pure light primer does contain 10ml less but you don't have to use a lot of it. A pea sized amount is more than enough to cover your full face.
- Availability - The primer can be purchased online at Boots and in-store at Boots and Superdrug. L'Oreal products are easy to locate as there are plenty of Boots and Superdrug stores across the whole of the UK.
- Price - The primer retails at £9.99 which I think is very reasonable considering it is such a good product. Some people may think £9.99 is a little expensive for a primer but we have to remember that L'Oreal is considered a higher quality high street brand. If you were to buy the Nars multi-protect primer it would cost you around £25.00 so £9.99 really isn't that bad.
- I have nothing bad to say about this primer at all, it's a brilliant product.
Personally I would only use the primer as a base as I'm not a fan of mixing primer into my foundations as I find it a little faffy. I wouldn't use the primer as a highlighter as I prefer powder highlighters to cream highlighters. I would imagine that it would look lovely as a highligher but I just not a fan of cream cheek products in general. If you're looking for a decent illuminating primer then I highly recommend checking out this one because it's lovely. It instantly adds radiance to the skin and leaves the skin looking beautiful, although I wouldn't necessarily say that it evens out skin tone. I would use this primer on a regular basis and especially on holiday as it would look lovely alone with a tan.
Would I recommend this primer? Yes
Would I buy this primer? Yes
Have you tried the L'Oreal lumi magique pure light primer?
*The L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer was sent to me for review purposes. This does not affect my thoughts and opinions on the product. As always, my reviews are 100% truthful.