If you follow my blog then you'll know that I was recently sent a lovely box containing 3 products from the L'Oreal 'Lumi Magique' range. I have recently reviewed the Lumi Magique Light Infusing Foundation and a couple of weeks ago I reviewed the Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer but today I'm going to be reviewing the Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen.
If you don't have a clue about what the Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen is, then it's basically like a YSL Touche Eclat. Except it's half the price.
L'Oreal Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen: "Light, luminosity and vitality at the click of a button."
What L'Oreal have to say about the Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen...
"Smooth away the appearance of dark shadows with Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen, a light enhancing concealer pen. In one simple stroke, this brush on perfector helps to brighten the appearance of your eyes with instant light infusing radiance."
How do you use the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen?
- Can be used on bare skin or underneath foundation to correct dark circles and imperfections for a naturally refined and even complexion.
- Can be used to highlight cheekbones, brow bones and the cupid's bow.
- Can be used for touch-ups on the go.
Where can you buy the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen?
The Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen retails at £8.49 and can be purchased in-store and online at both Boots and Superdrug. Both of those stores also have regular offers so you may be able to pick up to whole 'Lumi Maqgique' range on a 3 for 2 offer.
The Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen is available in three different shades; light, medium and dark.
To give you an indication I use the shade 'light' and it's perfect for my ever so pale skin tone. If you use Nars 'Siberia' or are NC15 in MAC then 'light' will be the perfect shade for you.
What does the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen look like?
Shade: 1 Light
Is the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen suitable for everyone?
The L'Oreal Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen is suitable for absolutely anyone. No matter if you have dry, combination, normal or oily skin, or a light, medium or dark skin tone. This pen is suitable for all skin types, tones and ages but you will not need to use a highlighing pen if you're under the age of 18, you lucky devils.
- Application - The pen is very easy to apply, you just simply twist the bottom of the pen, product will then be dispensed onto the brush tip and then you apply it onto your skin. It's as simple and easy as that.
- Coverage - It has a medium to full coverage. If you suffer with minor darkness then you will need to apply one layer but if you suffer with major darkness you will need to apply 2-3 layers, which is the obvious thing to do. It has a good coverage and it conceal darkness very easily.
- Longevity - It lasts all day without creasing, sliding of the skin or completely disappearing. I also noticed that it doesn't settle into fine lines or end up looking cakey after a few hours of wear. You don't need to set it with powder and you also do not need to touch up throughout the day. The baby stays put all day but if I were to give a specific time, I'd say it lasts around 8-10 hours, if not more.
- Texture - It has a lovely light texture which blends into the skin really easily. I also find that it isn't cakey at all and it doesn't settle into fine lines. You can either use your finger or a brush to blend it in but I find that fingers work best!
- Finish - It covers darkness perfectly and leaves eyes looking light and also bright. I used the pen in the inner corner of my eye as well as underneath my eye and I have to say that it instantly made me look wide awake. It left my eyes looking luminous and revitalised.
- Price - The pen retails at £8.49 which is absolutely amazing! The majority of high end highlighting pens retail at around £20.00 so £8.49 is great! The L'Oreal Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen reminds me very much of the YSL Touche Eclat except the the YSL Touche Eclat is £23.00. You could buy two L'Oreal Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pens for the price of one YSL Touche Eclat.
- Packaging - I absolutely adore the packaging, it's sleek, shiny and more importantly ROSE GOLD. The rose gold adds a touch of elegance, class and it looks as if the pen would cost at least £30.00. L'Oreal have got the packaging spot on even if it does resemble that of YSL.
- Smell - It isn't scented which is great for me as scented products tend to break me out!
- Availability - The L'Oreal Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen can only be purchased from Boots or Superdrug which might be a bit of a problem if you live internationally.
- Shade Selection - There are only three shades available but this is the case with most highlighting pens. The shade selection isn't an issue for me as 'light' is perfect for my skin tone but I can imagine that a lot of people are going to struggle to find the correct shade as they're limited to only three shades.
I don't have a bad word to say about this highlighting pen as it's simply amazing. It's a genius product in a tube and I don't know how I've ever lived without it. It instantly makes me look as if I've had 12 hours sleep which is great for on the days when I have to wake up at half past five in the morning.
Overall I really like this pen, it does a great job of concealing dark circles and it keeps darkness covered all day long meaning you don't have to touch up or fear that the dreaded darkness is going to be revealed half way through the day. I use the pen on bare skin and underneath foundation. I think the pen is very reasonably priced and I find it better than most high end highlighting pens. If you're looking for a good yet inexpensive highlighting pen then this is the one to go for. You won't be disappointed.
Would I recommend this highlighting pen? Yes
Would I buy this highlighting? Yes
Would I buy this highlighting? Yes
Have you tried the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen?
*The L'Oreal Lumi Magique Touch Of Light Highlighting Pen was sent to me for review purposes. This does not affect my thoughts and opinions on the product. As always, my reviews are 100% truthful.