I recently bought two of the new L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks as I wanted to know what all the hype was about. Not only that but when something new launches I'm eager to try it.
I only bought two of the lipsticks but now wish I'd bought more of them, especially since I could have taken full advantage of the Boots 3 for 2 offer.
I only bought a couple as I didn't want to buy 5 of them just incase I didn't like them, I'm also not a fan of sheer lipsticks as other ones I've tried in the past have been a disappointment.
The shades I purchased were '03 Lovely Rose' and '07 Cheeky Magenta', '03 Lovely Rose' is a lovely pale pink and '07 Cheeky Magenta' is a bright hot pink.
What L'Oreal have to say about the Rouge Caresse lipsticks...
"Don't just stroke your lips, Caresse them. Lips say yes to this Caresse. A flutter of kissably soft light-weight feeling colour. Its delicate texture glides onto lips creating a veil of colour with a lumious shine. Available in 10 bright and eye catching shades."
What are the product claims?
- Have a weightless and feather light feel.
- Provide lips with a luminous, fresh colour.
- Have a melting soft application.
Where can you buy the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks?
The Rouge Caresse lipsticks retail at £7.99 each and can be purchased in-store and online at both Boots and Superdrug. Both stores usually have offers on L'Oreal products so it might be worth picking up a couple of these lipsticks when either store has a 3 for 2 offer.
How many shades are there?There are 10 different shades available, ranging from pink/purple tones to red/coral tones to nude/brown tones:
- 01 Fashionista Pink
- 03 Lovely Rose
- 06 Aphrodite Scarlet
- 07 Cheeky Magenta
- 101 Tempting Lilac
- 105 Mauve Mesmerising
- 202 Impulsive Fuchsia
- 301 Dating Coral
- 401 Rebel Red
- 501 Nude Indulgence
What do the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks look like?
03 'Lovely Rose'
07 'Cheeky Magenta'
Are the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks suitable for everyone?
The Rouge Caresse lipsticks are suitable for absolutely anyone, no matter if you have dry or normal lips. If I were to recommend these lipsticks to anyone then I'd suggest them to anyone suffering with dry lips as they're very moisturising so leave lips feeling hydrated. If you're looking for a lipstick with good pigmentation but a moisturising texture then you're going to love these!
- Pigmentation - They have amazing pigmentation considering they're a mix between a lip-balm and a lipstick. I expected them to only have slight pigmentation so when I swatched them I couldn't believe my eyes.
- Finish - They have a shiny, glossy finish which leave lips looking lovely and luscious. I also noticed that they made my lips appear fuller, something no lipstick has ever done before.
- Build-able - The lipsticks have a build-able colour (coverage), one layer will give a sheen of colour, two layers will give intense colour.
- Texture - They have a very moisturising texture, almost a water-like texture. They leave lips feeling soft, supple and hydrated. If you suffer with dry or chapped lips, your lips will love these beauties!
- Packaging - I think the packaging is sleek, sophisticated and it's definitely something that I've never seen before. I think it's great how the lipstick is displayed in a clear tube as you're able to select the correct shade with ease. You don't have to faff around checking the bottom of the tube to see which shade it is.
- Shade Selection - There are 10 different shades which is brilliant, L'Oreal really have catered for everyone. There is a lovely mix of different shades, from pinks to reds to corals to neutrals to nudes. Due to the wide selection of shades, there's going to be a shade for absolutely anyone. The only thing I will say is that it'd be nice to see a few more shades appropriate for autumn/winter as the shades seem to be very summery. I know you wouldn't necessarily wear these lipsticks in winter as they have a fresh, glossy finish but it's always nice to have to option. Sometimes my lips get really chapped in winter so I feel I cannot wear my vampy matte shades so it'd be nice to have the option of buying a vampy toned Rouge Caresse.
- Price - The lipsticks retail at £7.99 which I think is quite reasonable in comparison to most sheer/glossy lipsticks. The Nars sheer lipsticks retail at £17.50 and the MAC glaze lipsticks retail at £13.50, both are a lot more expensive than the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks yet they have the same concept, finish.
- Longevity - The lipsticks last around 1-2 hours before having to re-apply. I hoped that they'd last a little longer as applying every 2 hours can be quite annoying. Not only that but re-applying frequently means that your lipstick isn't going to last 2 minutes. Realistically, £7.99 could be deemed as quite expensive for a lipstick that doesn't last long. Although the lipsticks don't have amazing longevity, they do somewhat slightly stain (tint) your lips so even when the lipstick has completely faded, you're still left with a pleasant colour.
- Availability - The Rouge Caresse lipsticks can be purchased from both Boots and Superdrug which is great if you're based in the UK but it may be a problem if you live internationally.
- Formula - Due to the lipsticks being so moisturising and water-like, they melt really easy so you HAVE to keep them away from any form of heat. That includes natural sun light, radiators, handbags etc.
Out of the two lipsticks I purchased I would recommend '03 Lovely Rose' simply because it's more of an everyday, wearable colour. I also feel it has better pigmentation than '07 Cheeky Magenta' even though '07 Cheeky Magenta' is a bolder and brighter colour.
I think these lipsticks are great for anyone suffering with dry/chapped lips as they have a lovely light, moisturising texture, they leave lips feeling soft and supple but also hydrated. The moisturising texture doesn't fade away throughout the day which is a massive bonus as the majority of lip balms / glossy lipsticks give the lips a quick moisturising fix but then tend to fade quite quickly.
The lipsticks last around 1-2 hours on the lips so I wouldn't necessarily recommend them to anyone wanting a lipstick with immense pigmentation and staying power as they do only last a couple of hours. But if you're not looking for a lipstick thats going to last 12 hours then it's worth giving these a go as they're great for S/S due the vast selection of summer shades and luscious glossy finish.
Would I recommend? Yes
Would I re-purchase? Yes
Have you tried the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks?