Monday 5 September 2011

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre

I went shopping last Thursday and treated myself to a few of the new Chanel Illusion D'Ombre cream eyeshadows. When I first found out about the cream eyeshadows I knew I had to have them. Yes they may have the same concept as the Bobbi Brown long wear cream eyeshadows and also the MAC paint pots but I was so eager to try out Chanel's version of the infamous cream eyeshadow.

There are 6 different cream eyeshadows available and they retail at £22.50 each. They aren't particularly cheap but you do get 4g of product meaning one pot is going to last you a while, so in effect, they're well worth the money.

Here are the 6 different shades:
81 - Fantasme (White)
82 - Emerveill (Beige)
83 - Illusoire (Plum)
84 - Epatant (Olive)
85 - Mirifique (Black)
86 - Ebloui (Burgundy)

The cream eyeshadows I bought were Fantasme, Epatant and Illusoire (personally I think these were nicest shades, and according to the Sales Assistant, they're also the most popular). I would have purchased Mirifique too but I wasn't sure if I'd use it or not, it's a lovely colour and I'd definitely use it as an eyeliner but it wouldn't look great on it's own. It's a multi-functional product therefore I expect to use it for other purposes than an eyeliner.


The great thing with these beauties is that they can be worn alone or with other eyeshadows. You can also use them as eyeliners too.  

Also, they have a really strange consistency. They feel really mousse like and creamy but they dry to the texture of an eyeshadow. I personally like the texture as it's really light and I can imagine that they feel really comfortable on the eyelids.


Here are the beauties...

81 - Fantasme

84 - Epatant

83 - Illusoire

Here are the lovely swatches...

From left to right; Fantasme, Epatant, Illusoire

Look how beautiful they are! I honestly cannot wait to use each of them, they are going to look amazing! 

My mum bought 3 of these for herself too and so far she's loving them! She said that they lasted all day and they didn't crease whatsoever. My mum suffers with very oily eyelids and she finds that cream products tend to crease, she was delighted to find that these didn't crease at all.

I'm going to try out one of these tomorrow so I'll let you know how I get on. I'll probably do a makeup tutorial using one of them too so keep a look out! 

Have you tried out any of these? :)

3 comments:

  1. These look amazing, love the colours.

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com/
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so pretty. So expensive though :O I wish I could afford them aha.

    Frances x

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These swatches are fantastic, what lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...