Here what Urban Decay have to say about the Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color...
"These innovative lipstick pencils give you rich, opaque and vibrant colour with a gorgeous high gloss finish in one easy to use, carry-anywhere pencil. With a truly all-in-one formula, these give long lasting, rich lip colour without any feathering and also moisturise lips for a comfortable feeling and soft, supple look. In a range of bright, fun colours with creamy or sparkly finishes, these will be your new favourite lip colours!"
After Wiping Off The Swatch...
The Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Colors retail at £14.00 each and they are available in 5 different shades, ranging from bright pink to neon orange.
Here are the shade names:
F-Bomb - True Red
Adrenaline - Red Pink With Glitter
Punch Drunk - Neon Orange
Crush - Neon Pink
Big Bang - Bright Pink With Glitter
I bought the shade 'Big Bang' due to the intense colour and glitteriness, it's probably the most glittery lip product that I've ever seen, and I've seen a few.
The Lip Color...
A Close Up...
After Wiping Off The Swatch...
- Concept - I love the concept of these lip pencils as they're a lipstick, lip gloss and lip liner in one meaning you don't have to buy three separate products. I usually wear MAC lipstick, lip liner and lip gloss and if I purchased these 3 products it would cost me £42.00. So by buying an Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color, you're in effect saving yourself £28.00.
- Longevity - Even though the lip pencils have a gloss finish, they last all day. I drank copious amounts of tea whilst wearing the lip pencil and it didn't budge whatsoever. If you look at my hand after removing the swatch you'll notice that my hand was stained. The lip pencils are great for those of you who are looking for a long lasting lip product, I think it's going to come in handy when I'm in University for 6 hours straight. I would imagine that the lip pencils would last around 12+ hours even through eating and drinking.
- Texture - The lip pencils feel great on the lips, they make your lips feel soft, nourished and super super glossy. The lip pencils are ideal for those who suffer with dry lips.
- Pigmentation - No exaggeration, the lip pencils are the most pigmented lip products I have ever come across. They don't fade, bleed or rub off, in fact it takes a bit of elbow grease when removing them. They stain your lips with gliterriness, this may be seen as a bad thing but I LOVE it.
- Product Design - The design of the lip pencils is fab, I love how they resemble a crayon. I personally love quirky things so as soon as I saw the lip pencils, I knew I had to buy one. The lip pencils are also very easy to apply to the lips due to the crayon-like tip. The thinner end allows you to line your lips and the thicker end allows you to fill in your lips.
- Size - Each lip pencil contains 2.8ml of product which is awesome because you only have to use a tiny amount. One of the lip pencils will honestly last you a lifetime. The pencil itself is also really chunky and long.
- Availability - The lip pencils can be purchased from a variety of online shops meaning they're easily accessible. If you search long and hard on Google, you may also find a cheeky little code to use on one of the online shops. For example, if you sign up to Look Fantastic they give you a code for £5.00 off your first order so if you ordered one of the lip pencils off there, it'd only cost you £9.00 which is amazing! Look Fantastic also offer free delivery in the UK.
- Packaging - I honestly think the packaging could be better. Urban Decay are known for their fabulous packaging but there's nothing special about this, it's just a bright pink box. I know it may sound like I'm complaining about nothing but I've been using Urban Decay products for a long long time and it just appears that they couldn't be bothered designing a cool box for this lovely lip pencil. On the plus side, the box matches the lip pencil which is pretty cool.
- Additional Extras - What Urban Decay don't tell you is that you need to buy a specific Urban Decay pencil sharpener in order to sharpen the lip pencil. Pretty sneaky if you ask me as the pencil sharpener retails at £7.00, not exactly the cheapest pencil sharpener in the world. It's a good job I already own the Urban Decay pencil sharpener. So if you want to buy one of the lip pencils, be prepared to pay £21.00.
- Shades - There are only 5 different shades available and to be honest, they aren't exactly subtle shades. In fact I'd say they were pretty luminous, not good for those of you who are a little colour shy. I honestly think Urban Decay should create more wearable colours so that there is a shade for everyone.
- There is nothing ugly about this beautiful lip colour, it's awesome!
If you would like to purchase one of these lovely lip pencils click on this link; Debenhams
Overall I love the lip pencil I purchased and I can guarantee that I'll end up buying another one. If you're looking for intense, vibrant colour with immense longevity and glossiness, this is the lip pencil for you.
I would recommend this lip pencil to anyone so go and check them out! You won't be disappointed!