Monday 19 September 2011

Urban Decay Book Of Shadows IV

If you have read my Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color post then you'll know that last week I purchased the new Urban Decay Book Of Shadow IV palette. The palette has been released just in time for  christmas so if you're sat there wondering whether this is the Urban Decay christmas palette, then it is.

The Urban Decay Book Of Shadows IV palette retails at £46.00 and it can be purchased from Debenhams and a variety of online shops, including Look Fantastic. 

This palette may seem very expensive in comparison to other eyeshadow palettes that Urban Decay have previously launched but in my opinion it's great value. In the palette you get 16 eyeshadows, a full sized precision eyeliner worth £14.00, a travel sized eyeshadow primer worth £7.00, a travel sized mascara worth £7.00, a mini speaker, 2 USB cables and online makeup lessons. 

So let's take a look at this beautiful palette...

Urban Decay Book Of Shadows IV - £46.00

Look how beautiful the front of the palette is! It's fun, vibrant and I love the whole butterfly/prism theme. My only criticism is that I don't think the theme matches the eyeshadows very well as the eyeshadows are pretty neutral. The front of the palette is very colourful so you'd kinda expect the eyeshadows to be very bright and colourful too. I don't mind the packaging or the eyeshadows it's just the packaging should have been designed a little more carefully.


I love the pop up butterflies, they are so so pretty! I'll definitely be using the mirror on a daily basis just so I can look at the butterflies. You'll also notice that a card is provided in the palette too and if you're wondering what the card is then it's basically a card which has various makeup tutorials stored on it. In order to view the makeup tutorials you have to scan the card and then you're able to watch the tutorials either on your phone or laptop.

Here are the lovely eyeshadows...


From looking at the photo above it is quite clear that the top two rows mainly consist of bright, vibrant colours whereas the last two rows consist of neutral colours. 

Top Row (from left to right): Blue Bus, Gunmetal, Cobra, Baked.
Second Row (from left to right): Bender, Gravity, Lost, Hijack.

Third Row (from left to right): Midnight Cowgirl, Sin, Midnight Rodeo, Crystal.
Bottom Row (from left to right): Bust, Missionary, Skimp, Zephyr.

All of these eyeshadows are beautiful and I will definitely use every single one of them, especially Gravity, Hijack and Zephyr as these are my personal favourites. 
The eyeshadows are extremely pigmented and as I've said in the past, Urban Decay eyeshadows are the most pigmented eyeshadows I've ever come across. Yes they are a little expensive but at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. 
They last all day without creasing, fading or sliding off the eyelid and you most definitely do not need to use eyeshadow primer. To be honest, I don't even know why Urban Decay created eyeshadow primer because their eyeshadows are AMAZING. 

Let's take a look at the other goodies with the palette...

From left to right; Precision Liquid Eyeliner, Supercurling Mascara, Eyeshadow Primer Potion, USB Cables.

Full Sized Urban Decay 24/7 Precision Liquid Eyeliner in 'Perversion' (Worth £14.00)



I love this eyeliner because the tip is extremely thin meaning precise application. This eyeliner is going to be great for creating a wing effect!


This is probably the most blackest eyeliner that I have ever seen in my life. I own a lot of black eyeliners and none of them are as dark as this, it even beats Urban Decay 'Zero' eyeliner and that's blacker than black. 


Travel Sized Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara - (Worth approx. £7.00)

I adore the packaging so much, it's sophisticated, swirly and best of all... SILVER! It also reminds me of the Urban Decay lipsticks because I think they have similar packaging. 


I love the shape of this mascara wand, I think it will do an excellent job of curling my eyelashes. I generally don't buy curling mascaras because my eyelashes aren't long enough to curl but I'll still give this mascara a go. Hopefully this mascara with lengthen my eyelashes as well as curl them.


Travel Sized Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - (Worth approx. £7.00)

Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion is an amazing product and I think I'll re-purchase this until I get fed up of wearing makeup, which won't be any time soon. 
It can make the worst eyeshadow stick to your eyelids all day, it's honestly that good. 

Overall this palette is amazing, it's great value, contains a variety of lovely eyeshadows and I think it's a lot different to any other Urban Decay palette that I've seen. The palettes are predicted to sell out by the end of october so if you like the palette then I suggest buying it sooner rather than later. 

If you would like to see my video review of this palette, here's the video...


Thank you so much for reading and also watching! If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below! 
:)

4 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous review...currently also on debenhams website whilst listening to your video.
    Very tempting...!

    Liz
    http://aspirationsofglam.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh I need this palette! Thanks for the swatches hun. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey this looks brilliant! Some of those colours are heavenly!
    xxx


    http://angiebeautybelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh look how pretty the colours are!! Gutted that i have just sold my NYC palette, think i need this one in my life xx

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...