There are 2 reasons why I bought this lipstick; one, its another lipstick to add to my ever growing collection and two, it's for a good cause. I don't know if you know much about the MAC Aids Fund but 'Viva Glam' is part of it, in the form of the annual 'Viva Glam' lipsticks. All profits from the Viva Glam lipsticks go towards helping women, men and children living with and affected by aids. This year Nicki Minaj and Ricky Martin have teamed up with the MAC Aids Fund team and released Viva Glam Nicki.
I actually bought 2 of these lovely lipsticks, one for myself and one for my giveaway. I was going to include the MAC 'Watch Me Simmer' lipstick in my giveaway but since the MAC Aids Fund is a such great cause, I decided to buy a Viva Glam Nicki lipstick instead. I'm sure you'll all prefer that anyway!
What do MAC have to say about Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick?
Viva Glam Nicki is described as a 'bright yellow pink' and I would agree with that description. To me it also looks very neon so if you're not into neons, then you probably won't like this lippy. Word of warning, it WILL make your teeth look ever so lightly yellow so prepare to whack out the crest strips. Viva Glam Nicki is definitely my kind of colour as I love anything bold and bright but it may not be to everyones taste. If you want something a little less vibrant then check out MAC 'Costa Chic' lipstick! Viva Glam Nicki is definitely a summer colour so I'll be saving it until I go on my jolly holidays as at the moment it makes me look a little 'dead'.
Viva Glam Nicki has a satin finish, it's rich, creamy and glides straight onto the lips. If you've got dry lips then your going to love this lipstick as it has a lovely texture but I will warn you, it settles into every line imaginable. Not so attractive.
Viva Glam Nicki retails at £13.50 and all proceeds go towards the MAC Aids Fund. The lipstick isn't currently available in the UK as it releases next week, online on the 28th of February and in-store on the 1st of March. I was just fortunate enough to get sent a little MAC code, MAC may also send you a little code if you sign up to Nicki & Ricky on the homepage!
What does the Viva Glam Nicki lipstick look like?
(On The Lips)
Is Viva Glam Nicki suitable for everyone?
With regards to colour, Viva Glam Nicki will suit the majority of people but I would be careful if you have a lighter skin tone. When I applied this lipstick to my lips it made me look a little washed out so I think I'll have to pile on the bronzer if I want to wear this lipstick as I may end up looking like something from the Adams Family if I don't. I'm not saying it won't suit everyone with a lighter skin tone but I'd just try it first. Without a shadow of a doubt, this lipstick will look beautiful on anyone with a medium to dark skin tone.
With regards to those who suffer with dry lips, this lipstick could be either your enemy or your friend. Whilst it has a super creamy texture, it does cling to every single dry bit on your lips. As I said in my last post, there are a couple of things you could do to remove the dead skin cells on your lips. You could brush your lips with a tooth brush, use a lip scrub or simply wear a lip balm underneath the lipstick.
- Pigmentation – As with all MAC lipsticks, this lipstick has great pigmentation. When applying this lipstick you only need one swipe across your lips. Due to only needing to apply one swipe, this lipstick is going to last a very long time!
- Texture – The lipstick has a satin finish, it's creamy, smooth and it glides onto the lips with ease. Throughout the day it feels very comfortable on the lips therefore it is perfect those who have dry lips and also those who don't have dry lips.
- Size - The lipstick contains 3g which is quite good. I know that some high-end lipsticks contain a lot less so 3g is pretty good. I also know for a fact that this lipstick is going to last me a lifetime as you literally only need one swipe due to the high pigmentation.
- Packaging - The packaging is just the standard Viva Glam packaging, except this time it has Nicki Minaj's signature on it. I like the packaging as it fits in with the cause very well.
- Application - This lipstick applies to the lips very well due to the lipstick having a creamy formulation. I also find that this lipstick doesn't bleed therefore you don't need to wear a lip liner underneath it. If you would like application to be more precise, you could always apply by using a lip brush instead.
- Longevity – This lipstick lasts around 3-4 hours, which disappoints me slightly as I expected the lipstick to last around 6-8 hours. When drinking I noticed that a lot of my lipstick had transferred onto my cup, I imagine that this lipstick wouldn't survive through eating and also, continuous drinking. I think in future I'll have to use a lip primer underneath this lipstick.
- Price - £13.50 is pretty ridiculous for one lipstick but all proceeds go to the MAC Aids Fund so I guess you can't complain really.
- Availability - The lipstick isn't available at the moment but it will be sold online and in-store as of next week.
- The lipstick is Limited Edition therefore once it's gone, it's gone. There are similar alternatives available but if this is the shade you're after then you need to buy it while you can.
So will you be buying the MAC Viva Glam Nicki lipstick?
Thanks for reading!