Monday 1 August 2011

July Favourites

Wow it's the 1st of August already and I cannot believe how quick this year is going, it doesn't seem two minutes until I was celebrating New Year. Anyway, I'm going to tell you what products I loved in July.

Here are my July favourites...

MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation in 'NC15' - £23.00



This foundation is lovely. At first, I wasn't too fond of it because I found it to be quite thick and heavy and I found it hard to blend. After a few days of experimenting with this foundation, I finally made it work. Instead of using a standard foundation brush, I used a stippling brush and found that the foundation blended very well into the skin. 
It's a gel based foundation and it's also full coverage so if you're not a fan of thick, heavy foundation then this probably won't be for you. I personally love this foundation as it gives me completely flawless skin, I also find that it lasts all day too! 

MAC Lipstick in 'Creme Cup' - £13.50



This is SUCH a nice lipstick. I love how it's both a nude and pink because I find that full nude lipsticks don't suit me that well. It's nice to have a nude lipstick that looks great and also suits me very well. Creme Cup is great for wearing on a daily basis and it would also be perfect for wearing with full, dramatic eye makeup. 

MAC Eyebrow Pencil in 'Fling' - £11.50



What a fab eyebrow pencil, not only does it sharpen itself but it's also self propelling and it helps you create the perfect eyebrow shape. The eyebrow pencil comes in 6 different shades meaning there is a shade for everyone.
I use the shade 'Fling' as I have light brown hair and I think this shade suits my hair colour perfectly. 'Fling' is intended for those with blonde hair, but any one can use it. It's just personal preference.

MAC Haute & Naughty Lash - £17.50




I love this mascara, it's absolutely fab! I love how it has 2 mascara wands! The pink wand has a thin brush head which gives you natural lashes, the purple wand has a more fuller head which gives you dramatic, full on lashes. 
It's great value for money because you're basically getting 2 mascaras for £17.50 which is absolutely amazing! 

MAC Penultimate Eyeliner - £14.00 



I had mixed feelings about this eyeliner at first because I've never been a fan of eyeliner pens and the idea of using a pen on my eye made me feel a little ill (due to previous bad experiences). Nevertheless I gave it a go and now I love it, it gives you such a precise line and I have to say that it's probably the blackest eyeliner that I own. I don't think I would repurchase because it is a little expensive and it has started to dry out already, pretty horrendous considering I've only had it 3 weeks. 
However, I cannot fault this eyeliner at all and if you're looking for an eyeliner pen with a great nib then I would highly recommend this one, the nib is fab!

MAC Neutral Palette


Swatches...

From left to right; Shale, Vex, Crystal Avalanche

I pretty much used my MAC neutral palette everyday in July because it contains such lovely eyeshadows and they are great for using on a daily basis. I used 'Sketch', 'Vex' and 'Crystal Avalanche' the most because they go great together and they are also good for creating a natural smokey eye. 

NYX Jumbo Pencil in 'Milk' - £2.99



This is a brilliant pencil for using in the inner corner of the eye, not only does it make your makeup look superly lovely, it also makes your eyes appear a little brighter.
Also, if you use this pencil on your waterline, it would create the illusion of bigger eyes. I personally haven't tried this because my eyes are quite large but it does work a treat if you have smaller eyes.
This has to be the whitest thing ever, it's so so white! It's also great for using as a base. It doesn't crease, or fade and it stays put for hours on end.
I really would recommend buying this, 1000000000%! 

MUA Mosaic Blush in 'English Rose' - £2.50



This blush is lovely, it's a beautiful colour and it has multiple functions. I'd say it was a blush, bronzer and highlight it one. For £2.50, it's wonderful!

Bourjois Bronzer - £6.99



This has to be one of my favourite bronzers ever, it's such a great colour and it matches well with my skin tone. I find it hard to find bronzers that will match my pale complexion so it's brill finding a relatively cheap bronzer that's not only great but suits me perfectly too.
I have a Bobbi Brown bronzer too and I have to say that there isn't much difference between the Bobbi Brown bronzer and the Bourjois bronzer, they're both identical except they both have different packaging and there is a huge price difference. 
I will definitely be taking this bronzer on my jolly holidays! :D

Where to buy:
MUA Mosaic Blush in 'English Rose' - £2.50 - MUA
Bourjois Bronzer - £6.99 - Boots
NYX Jumbo Pencil in 'Milk' - £2.99 - Love Makeup
MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation - £23.00 - MAC
MAC Haute & Naughty Lash - £17.50 - MAC
MAC Penultimate Eyeliner - £14.00 - MAC
MAC Lipstick in 'Creme Cup' - £13.50 - MAC
MAC Eyebrow Pencil in 'Fling' - £11.50 - MAC
MAC Neutral Palette (including 'Shale' 'Vex' and 'Crystal Avalanche') 
-Eyeshadow Refills - £9.50 each - MAC
-MAC 15x Eyeshadow Pro Palette - £11.50 - MAC

Here is my July favourites video...


So what are your July favourites? :)

If you have any questions about the products above, please feel free to comment below :)

4 comments:

  1. This has encouraged me to buy the mac studio sculpt foundation as well as the eyebrow pencil! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear by that bronzer and lippy! Good choices girl :).

    Helen, X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mac creme cup is my all time fav!!and I want to try the Bourjois bronzer!!!xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I love the look of creme cup! Might have to get it xxx

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...