Wednesday 20 April 2011

MAC Plushglass in 'Girl Loves Boy'

As many of you know MAC have just released their 'Quite Cute' collection... I say just released, it's more or less been out for about 2 weeks but everybody seems to be loving it, including myself! :P
Once this collection launched online I got it straight away! I even ordered 2 of the 'Candy Yum Yum' lipsticks! My views on this collection are positive, I think it's a really pretty collection however the packaging could have been different! Before this collection even hit online and the shops I asked a MAC Sales Assistant what the packaging would be like and she told me that the packaging on this collection had cute kittens and bows on it...how wrong was she! Anyway besides that, the blushers are all lovely, the eyeshadow quad is perfect for summer and they brought out a lip liner to match my nudey pink lipsticks! Hurray!
The point of this post isn't to state the obvious about how fab the collection is, it's to talk about one of the Plushglasses that I purchased from the collection. I have never tried MAC plushglass as I'm more of a lipstick girl so I thought that seen as this collection has launched, I may as well give plushglass a go. As soon as I saw these plushglasses I instantly knew which one I wanted....'Girl loves Boy'! It's a really nice blue toned pink colour and I'd say it was more pigmented than the other plushglasses in the collection.

Here's the standard packaging for a Plushglass...


'Girl loves Boy' Plushglass...


Look at the colour of this beauty...


As you can see, plushglasses have a doe-foot applicator. I usually don't like doe-foot applicators as they feel a bit 'furry' when your applying the product but I have to say in this case I'm not really fussed by it because this colour is lovely! I sometimes pop a bit on the back of my hand and then apply it to my lips using a brush, I find this way prevents the 'furriness' feeling.

Now for the infamous swatch with no flash...


Now for the swatch with flash...


And also natural daylight...


I'm really glad I ended up getting because it's so nice! It does leave a tingling feeling on your lips once you've applied it but I really wouldn't say that it's overpowering what so ever. This tingling sensation is also there for a purpose as it's meant to plump up your lips. To be quite truthful I really wouldn't say it plumped up my lips at all but I didn't buy it for it's 'Plumping' qualities so that's okay! :P I have to say that this plushglass is superly shiny, and I think it would look lovely over the top of pale pink lipstick or lip liner. I think £16 is a lot for the size of the bottle but that's the price you pay for beauty! I can't see this running out at any point too so maybe £16 is a good price.

This is a Limited Edition plushglass so if it tickles your pickle then go and buy it! :D

You can get 'Girl loves Boy' from MAC CosmeticsSelfridges, and also Debenhams

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...