Monday 18 April 2011

Nars Pore Refining Primer

I saw last week on the interweb that Nars were in fact releasing there new summer 2011 collection online so me being me decided to see if they had it in my local Selfridges as well. It turns out they are in fact launching the collection in-store on the 1st of May. After chatting to the Sales Assistant about this new collection she then informed me that Nars were bringing out new face primers, in her words, 'The new primers don't make you look white like the others do' so obviously I thought that these new primers were going to be a hit as I knew what she meant about the old primers. The Sales Assistant then handed me a sample of the new face primers, the Nars Pore Refining Primer and also the Nars Multi-Protect SPF 30+ Primer.

I tried out the Nars Pore Refining Primer today and I have to say I'm really unimpressed by it. I'm just glad it was a sample and I hadn't gone and spent £24 on it. For those of you who are unaware of what this primer looks like then here is a picture of this primer....

As stated on the Nars website;
 'A primer that instantly refines the look of pores, regulates shine and mattifies the skin. Boasting Mineral Powders that manage oil in the T-Zone and Pure Lentil Seed Extract that diminishes the appearance of dilated pores over time, this gel formula keeps a reservoir of water on tap, helping skin stay fresh and hydrated throughout the day.' 


First of all, this does not refine the look of pores. I wouldn't say I was the sort of person that had overly large pores anyway but even so it made no difference to them, if anything I'd say that it made the pores on the tip of my nose a little bigger....not so good. Even after applying this primer I had to rely on my Clinique Pore Minimiser to minimise my pores. I kinda expected this primer to live up to its name so having to apply other products for something that this primer didn't do is just annoying.

Secondly, I don't really understand what Nars meant by 'Reservoir of water' if anything my face feels like sandpaper. It doesn't feel hydrated whatsoever, my nose looks and feels stupidly dry and it's getting to the point where my make-up feels uncomfortable on my skin. I expected my face to feel silky, smooth and fresh throughout the day but it feels the complete opposite. It's not as if I have dry skin too, I have combination skin, maybe dry skin on my forehead sometimes but that's it. I definitely do not have very dry or dry skin so I possibly wouldn't recommend this to anyone who does have those skin types.

To end this post on a happy note, the primer does go on lovely and doesn't leave you with that ghostly white face look, unlike the original primer. You also don't need to use a lot of the primer as a little does go a long way, so in terms of price, it could be a good investment if you only use a tiny bit, which is all you need.

This primer wasn't for me but that's not to say it won't be right for everyone. It did make my pores look bigger and did leave me with dry skin so overall I'd probably recommend this to someone with a more oily skin type but saying that every individual reacts differently to the same product. If anyone is reading this and thinking, 'Well that didn't happen to me!' then post a comment as it would be interesting to know how other people got on with this primer. This post isn't a reflection of all Nars products or even their pro-prime range as I've got many fantastic Nars products, I guess some are just better than others.

If you want to know where you can buy this primer then here is the link; Nars: Make-Up Primers

My next post will be about the Nars Multi-Protect SPF 30+ Primer, I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know how I get on with it! Hopefully the next post will be a bit more positive! :)

Thanks for reading!

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...