Saturday 7 May 2011

MAC Surf Baby Crushed Metallic Pigment Stacks

I bought both of the MAC Surf Baby crushed metallic pigment stacks because they both looked superly lovely! One is called 'Summer Stash' and the other one one is called 'Surf The Ocean'.
Summer stash mainly consists of pink toned colours with the exception of a dark chocolate brown colour. Surf The Ocean consists of blue toned colours with the exception of a bright gold colour. 
Online the pigment stacks are shown as four pigments stacked on top of one another but this isn't the case, the pigments actually come in a stack of two. 
Each stack contains 12 grams of product which means that there is 3 grams of each pigment. Normal MAC pigments are 4.5 grams so it does mean you're getting less of each of the pigments within the stack. However, the pigment stacks cost £25.50 but a normal MAC pigment costs £15.50 which means that the pigment stacks are great value for money! 

Here's 'Summer Stash'...


Summer Stash Stack One...



Swatches of Summer Stash Stack One...


Summer Stash Stack Two...



Swatches of Summer Stash Stack Two...


Here's 'Surf The Ocean'...


Surf The Ocean Stack One...



Swatches of Surf The Ocean Stack One...


Surf The Ocean Stack Two...



Swatches of Surf The Ocean Stack Two...


I love both of these pigment stacks and I can see myself using these a lot in the future. They are a lot better than the normal MAC pigments but this is probably because they are much more pigmented. I'm not criticising normal MAC pigments because I own a lot of them and I do find them fabulous, I just find that these pigment stacks are very very pigmented. I only used one swipe to swatch these and even one swipe was too much! The amount you have to use is unreal!

The pigments stacks are completely different to normal MAC pigments because they feel a bit chunkier, the pigment particles aren't as fine and soft as they are in normal MAC pigments. This may be due to them being crushed metallic pigments.

I cannot fault these pigment stacks at all, they are reasonably priced, highly pigmented, go on like a dream and you only have to use the tiniest amount! They are most definitely worth £25.50! I just wish that MAC made more of these pigment stacks because they are uberly lovely.

I've also created a look using Summer Stash so I shall be posting a tutorial tomorrow! If you're interested in seeing this look then keep checking my blog tomorrow! :D

Hope this has been helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...