Hibiscus is an orange toned lipstick with a hint of red, I'd say the colour is exactly the same as a Hibiscus flower!
Here's the packaging of the lipstick...
Lipstick in 'Hibiscus'...
A close up...
And another swatch...
So here are the pro's and con's of this lipstick...
- The colour is fabulous and it's such a lovely colour for summer, coral and red is very in season at the moment.
- This lipstick would suit anybody, from fair skinned to dark skinned.
- The packaging is superly amazing and is well suited to the collection, it looks very surfy and trendy. Definitely a good buy if you're a MAC collector!
- It doesn't make you lips feel dry, if anything it makes your lips feel soft and it's a very comfortable lipstick to wear. Probably because this lipstick is a cremesheen and not a matte lipstick.
- Once you've applied the lipstick it fades within half an hour.
- After drinking, the lipstick is pretty much non-existant on your lips.
- It's £14.00 so pretty pricey for something that lasts half an hour.
If you like the colour of the lipstick and can deal with re-applying it every half an hour then I would suggest for you to buy it as it really is a gorgeous colour. But if you're not fond of doing this then I really wouldn't buy this. I must say that I regret buying it and if I see this type of colour elsewhere then I'll let you know.
Hope this review has been helpful to anyone who is wanting to buy this lipstick!