Sunday 8 May 2011

MAC Surf Baby Eyeshadows

The MAC Surf Baby collection includes 5 eyeshadows, 'Short Shorts', 'Sun Blonde', 'Swell Baby', 'Saffron' and 'Surf USA'. I only bought 3 of these eyeshadows because I wasn't fond of the other 2. The eyeshadows I bought were 'Short Shorts', 'Swell Baby' and 'Surf USA'

Here they are...
From left to right; 'Short Shorts', 'Swell Baby', 'Surf USA'


Here's 'Short Shorts'...



Swatch of 'Short Shorts'...


Here's 'Swell Baby'...



Swatch of 'Swell Baby'...


Here's 'Surf USA'...



Swatch of 'Surf USA'...


To be perfectly honest I think 'Surf USA' is the only eyeshadow that I'd suggest for you to buy. I feel that 'Short Shorts' and 'Swell Baby' lack pigmentation and I think the colours aren't that nice at all. At first glance the colours look really nice but once you swatch them you realise they aren't that nice at all. It took at least 5 swipes to swatch 'Short Shorts' and 'Swell Baby' so I can imagine that these are going to be a nightmare to apply. 

Final thoughts...
'Short Shorts' is a good highlighting eyeshadow because it's not overly shimmery. It only has a slight  hint of shimmer so would be ideal for the brow bone. I'd only recommend this eyeshadow to those of you who are looking for a highlight eyeshadow. 
'Swell Baby' contains a small amount of shimmer but I'd say it had more of a matte texture. It's a dirty grey colour and I really would not waste your money on this, I really do not like it. 
'Surf USA' is by far the most pigmented eyeshadow out of these three. It has a lot of shimmer and it's a really nice colour, I'd say a bright green/teal colour. I really would recommend this eyeshadow to anyone!

Hope this has been helpful to anyone wanting to buy these eyeshadows! 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...