Friday 22 July 2011

How to create Ice Cream & Ice Lolly Nails!

So since it's summer, I thought I may as well get into the summer spirit and create ice cream & ice lolly nails, not only do they fit in with the whole 'summer theme' but they also remind me that I'm going on my jolly holidays in a few weeks time!... Yayness!

If you're wondering what nail tutorial I'll be doing next week then I'm going to be doing marble nails. I have never attempted the marbling effect so this is going to be very interesting. 

Anyway, let's get cracking with this tutorial...

To create ice cream & ice lolly nails you will need the following:
  • White nail varnish
  • Brown nail varnish
  • Light brown nail varnish
  • A selection of nail art paints or nail varnishes
  • Nail art brushes / cocktail sticks
  • Dotting tools / cocktail sticks
  • Top coat

Please do not feel that you have to rush out and buy nail art paints or nail art tools, different coloured nail  varnishes and cocktail sticks work just as well. :)

So if you would like to create ice cream & ice lolly nails then all you have to do is follow my nice and easy steps.

1.) Apply the white nail varnish you your nails, you may need more than one coat depending on what your nail varnish is like. 


2.) It's time to create the ice cream cones and also the ice cream tub. I placed the ice cream tub on my thumb and the ice cream cones on my middle finger and little finger. 
To create the ice cream tub, use a thin tipped tool and lilac nail art paint, then create a dish shape. I also chose to paint a little spoon next to my dish. To create the spoon, use a small dotting dool and silver nail art paint.
To create the ice cream cones, use a thin tipped dotting tool and the light brown nail varnish, then create a triangle shape on both of your nails. To give the ice cream cones a little more definition, use a very thin tipped nail art tool and the dark brown nail varnish, then create diagonal lines on each of the ice cream cones. 
Also place a small dark brown line on both your ring finger and index finger, this can be done by using a thin tipped dotting tool and the dark brown nail varnish. The sticks are for the ice lollies. 


3.) Let's fill our ice cream cones and ice cream tub with lovely ice cream! I placed 3 scoops of ice cream in the cone on my middle finger, one scoop of ice cream in the cone on my little finger and 2 scoops of ice cream in the ice cream tub on my thumb.
You can use any nail art paints/nail varnish for the ice cream, all you have to do is choose the desired colour. I opted for pink, yellow and blue ice cream on my middle finger, pink ice cream on my little finger and chocolate ice cream on my thumb.
For example, if you would like 2 scoops of chocolate ice cream, all you have to do is use the light brown nail varnish and a dottting tool, then dot 2 dots on top of an ice cream cone or ice cream tub. 

I also added a few little features, i.e. cherries on top of the ice cream tub and a cherry on top of the pink ice cream cone. To create cherries, use a small dotting tool and red nail art paint. 


4.) It's time to create the ice lollies! I chose to create a Twister lolly and also a Rocket lolly. If you are unfamiliar with these certain lollies then please google them. 
To create a Twister lolly, use a thin tipped dotting tool and also green, red and white nail paints. 
To create a Rocket lolly, use a thin tipped dotting tool and also red, orange and yellow nail paints. Start off with a large yellow section, then place an orange section on top of yellow section, and finish off by placing a small red section on top of the orange section. 

At this stage I also chose to put sprinkles on my ice cream cones and ice cream tub. I did this using a wide selection of nail art paint and small dotting tools. 




5.) Repeat all of the above steps for your right hand too. Once both hands are fully dry, apply a top coat. 


Thanks for reading! If you have any questions or nail tutorial requests then please feel free to comment below! :D


5 comments:

  1. Hehe, I especially love the Twister lolly!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon Stanley23 July 2011 at 09:45

    They're lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I like your imagination! <333
    http://touch-of-luxury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG This is amazing! I would never have the patience (or skill) to do this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these, so cute :).

    Sadie xx

    http://www.brandnewbutterflywings.com/

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...