Tuesday 26 July 2011

How to create Marble Nails!

So this is my first attempt at marble nails and I have to say that I'm rather impressed, they're superly duperly funky! I loved creating marble nails because it's a simple enough process and it's also very effective, the only down fall is that it's a very messy process!

I opted for stripe marble nails as I thought this would look great with a variety of colours. I think I might do multi-coloured marble nails in a couple of weeks time :D

If you would like to request a nail tutorial for next week then please feel free to comment below!

To create marble nails, you will need:
  • White nail varnish
  • Pink nail varnish
  • Black nail varnish
  • Blue nail varnish
  • Top coat
  • Plastic cup
  • Sellotape
  • Wooden skewers / cocktail sticks
  • Nail varnish remover
  • Cotton wool bud
You can use any nail varnishes to create marble nails, I just chose the colours I liked best. 

To create marble nails, follow my nice and easy steps:
1.) Apply the white nail varnish to your nails, you may need two coats depending on what your nail varnish is like. 


2.) Once dry, apply sellotape to your fingers. Apply one piece around the back of your fingers, and a piece to either side of your nail.


3.) Fill the plastic cup with water, carefully apply a drop of each of the nail varnishes to the water. You have to create a 'bullseye' effect. I added drops in this sequence: black, pink, blue, white, black, pink, blue, white, black, pink. Each time you add a drop, remember to apply it to the centre as the nail varnish spreads out. 


4.) Using a wooden skewer or cocktail stick, create a web effect. If this sounds confusing then I'll be uploading a video tutorial tomorrow.


5.) It's time to dunk in your finger! Carefully dunk your finger into the water, once it's been dunked keep your nail under the water for a few seconds. Whilst your finger remains in the water, clear up the excess nail varnish using a wooden skewer.


6.) Take your finger out of the water and then remove the sellotape from your finger. Using a cotton wool bud and some nail varnish remover, clean up the nail varnish that may be left on your fingers.



7.) Once your nails are fully dry, apply a top coat. A top coat will preserve your nails for a very long time! :D


Thanks for reading lovely people! If you have any questions or requests then please feel free to comment below. If you're wondering where the video tutorial is, then it'll be up tomorrow....YAY!

11 comments:

  1. going to have to try this, they look so good!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is actually amazing, I need to try this!!! I'd love to see a video tutorial xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these are seriously amazing!! i definitely wanna have a go, although i can somehow see myself getting in a mess ;)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The number of times I've tried doing this and just ended up wanting to rip my hair out! I need to give it another go, yours look lovely :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I love the striped effect you created, will most definately have to try this! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Id love to be able to dot his think its a fab effect. I've tried so many times with different polishes diff temp water,and the polish either balls up and sinks to the bottom or doesn't spread across the surface of the water.Ive given up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gonna try it so nice
    nicest thing ever saw

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this is so cute im going to try this.

    http://samiantha2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i wanna ask u that if u do this doent the nailpolish gets dryed easily?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My nail polish doesn't spread out, it just stays in blobs. Why and how do I make it spread ?

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...