Friday 8 July 2011

MAC Semi Precious Purchases!

I didn't really buy much from the Semi Precious collection because to be quite frank, the collection is really quite naff. After seeing online swatches/reviews, I decided not to buy any of the eyeshadows because the colours are awful and they are supposedly meant to fade after a couple of hours, I'm really not into the habit of spending £16.00 on an eyeshadow for it to fade after a couple of hours. The lipstick swatches I'd seen were awful too, the Semi Precious lipsticks seem to have a dark tone to them and I know for a fact that they wouldn't suit me, if anything they'd make me look a ghostly pale colour. 

The only things I purchased from the Semi Precious collection were 2 mineralise skinfinishes in 'Pearl' and 'Crystal Pink' and I also purchased the 234 split fibre eye blending brush and the 235 split fibre all over eye brush. I did intend on buying the split fibre cheek brush too but it's flat and I couldn't really see how it would apply blush perfectly.

Here are my Semi Precious purchases...

MAC Semi Precious 'Pearl' Mineralise Skinfinish - £20.50



A swatch...
From left to right; Outer colour, Inner colour, Mixed together


MAC Semi Precious 'Crystal Pink' Mineralise Skinfinish - £20.50



A swatch...
From left to right; Mixed together, Outer colour, Inner colour


MAC 234 Split Fibre Eye Blending Brush - £15.00



MAC 235 Split Fibre All Over Eye Brush - £21.00


Overall, I'm happy with my purchases but I'm not amazed by them. The mineralise skinfinishes are lovely and I think they'll look great when I have a bit of a tan but I expected far more from the brushes. The brushes aren't as soft as I thought they would be and the 235 brush is a little too large, they have a good concept but I think MAC should have sized them a little better. 

Thanks for reading! :D



5 comments:

  1. Really good choices! I haven't bought anything from it yet either, may have to go and get Pearl now though!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've ordered the Crystal Pearl MSF - the swatches I've seen look gorgeous! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasnt going to bother with the pink but after seeing the swatches it does look really nice so may get it now.
    I liked the pearl one anyway and that was one I was going to get. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aisling - Pearl is lovely, it's such a good highlighter! :D the centre bit is great for using as a bronzer too! :) xx

    Peachypops - Crystal Pink is a beautiful colour, looks lovely with or without a tan which is great :D xx

    MissDior - Both are lovely :D definitely worth the money! :D xx

    Cozerella - Thank you love! :D MAC brushes are fab! :D I think they're probably the best brushes ever! :D xx

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...