Saturday 16 July 2011

How to create Little Miss Nails!

As many of you know, last week I created Mr Men nails so this week I thought I'd keep with the whole 'Mr Men theme' and create Little Miss nails. I did plan on doing Ice Cream nails this week but I couldn't resist re-creating the Little Miss characters on my nails. Next week I shall be doing Ice Cream nails so if that floats your boat then keep checking my blog next week! :D

So let me tell you which characters I opted for...
Left Hand:
Little finger - Little Miss Tiny
Ring finger - Little Miss Bossy
Middle finger - Little Miss Sunshine
Index finger - Little Miss Naughty
Thumb - Little Miss Chatterbox

Right Hand:
Little finger - Little Miss Scary
Ring finger - Little Miss Giggle
Middle finger - Little Miss Helpful
Index finger - Little Miss Somersault
Thumb - Little Miss Twins

To create Little Miss nails you will need the following:
  • White nail varnish
  • A selection of different coloured nail art paints / or nail varnishes
  • Nail art tools / or a few cocktail sticks
  • Top coat

If you would like to create Little Miss nails then all you have to do is follow my nice and easy steps.

1.) Apply a coat of the white nail varnish to your nails. You may need to apply 2 coats depending on what your nail varnish is like.


2.) Let's create the character shapes. Create the character shapes by using different sized dotting tools and various different nail art paints. For example, a small dotting tool and pink nail art paint should be used to create Little Miss Tiny.


3.) It's time to give our characters arms and legs. You may also give your characters hair and accessories if need be. For example, Little Miss Bossy has a red and yellow stripe hat so at this point I created the hat.
To create arms and legs, use a thin tipped dotting tool and a nail paint to match each of the character bodies.

From left to right; Little Miss Chatterbox, Little Miss Naughty, Little Miss Sunshine, Little Miss Bossy, Little Miss Tiny.

4.) Let's give our characters a nice little face. They will need a pair of eyes and a mouth, some characters also have a nose too.
To give the characters a pair of eyes, use a thin tipped dotting tool and black nail art paint then carefully dot 2 small dots onto each character.
To create a mouth, again use a thin tipped dotting tool and black nail art paint then create a black curved line to each of the characters (apart from Little Miss Bossy).
To create Little Miss Bossy's mouth, use a large dotting tool and black nail art paint then carefully dot a large dot in the centre of her body.


5.) I placed a few spots around the edges of my nails. You don't need to do this but I did as I thought it would make my nails look a little more special. To create the dots, use a medium sized dotting tool and any desired nail art paint. For example, if you would like silver dots around the edge then use silver nail art paint.

\
From left to right; Little Miss Chatterbox, Little Miss Naughty, Little Miss Sunshine, Little Miss Bossy, Little Miss Tiny.

6.) I repeated steps 2, 3, 4 and 5 on my right hand but I decided to do different characters. Once both hands are dry, apply a top coat.

From left to right; Little Miss Scary, Little Miss Giggle, Little Miss Helpful, Little Miss Somersault, Little Miss Twins

Hope you like my Little Miss nails! If you have any nail tutorial requests then please feel free to comment below.

:)

4 comments:

  1. Omg these are so amazing and cute, you have got so much patience x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow super cute! But a little too hard for me! Could you do an easy nail tutorial please? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing!

    Super cute as well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you try epic smiley nails?

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...