Saturday 2 July 2011

The Top Coat Test Results!

If you've read my Top Coat Test post then you'll know that I've been testing 2 of my beloved top coats. I used O.P.I RapiDry on my left hand and Sally Hansen top coat on my right hand, I left the nail varnish on for one week so both hands would have a good chance of chipping.

Here are the results...

Left Hand - O.P.I RapiDry

Right Hand - Sally Hansen Top Coat

I have to say that I think my O.P.I RapiDry won, not only did my nails look a lot more shinier, they also hardly chipped at all! I experienced a couple of chips with O.P.I RapiDry but quite a few chips with the Sally Hansen top coat.

Sally Hansen top coat is good but my nails chipped after 3 days. By the end of the week they had chipped horrendously, especially at the roots of my nails.

My mamma also carried out the top coat test except she used no top coat on her left hand and alternatively used the O.P.I Rapiday and Sally Hansen top coat on her right hand.

Here are my mamma's results...

Right Hand - Sally Hansen top coat was used on the little finger, middle finger and thumb. O.P.I RapiDry was used on the ring finger and index finger.

Left Hand - No top coat was used. 

My mum experienced little, or no chips on her left hand but she experienced quite a few chips on her right hand, especially on the nails where Sally Hansen top coat was used. 

Results...

Me and my mamma both found that the O.P.I RapiDry prevented chipping and we also found that it made our nail varnish look a lot shinier. 

We both found that the Sally Hansen top coat did nothing to prevent chipping whatsoever and in fact thought it was rubbish that our nails chipped within a couple of days.

In the long run, you do not need to use a top coat if you're using an expensive nail varnish. I'm going to be carrying out this test using the same top coats but a cheaper nail varnish. 

I'd recommend buying the Sally Hansen top coat if you're on a budget but if you're willing to pay more than £10.00 for a top coat then go for the O.P.I RapiDry.

Where to buy:
O.P.I RapiDry - £13.25 - Look Fantastic
Sally Hansen Top Coat - £4.34 - Lloyd's Pharmacy
O.P.I 'Red My Fortune Cookie' - Look Fantastic

Thanks for reading!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...