Tuesday 12 July 2011

Top 3 Concealers

I absolutely love concealers and I have to say that without them, I don't know what I'd do. They hide any little imperfections and are so handy for early morning get ups, no more nasty under eye bags!

I have quite a large collection of concealers but I thought I'd show you my top 3 concealers. 

Here are my Top 3 Concealers, in order of most favourite to least favourite:
1.) Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer 
2.) Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit
3.) MAC Studio Finish Concealer

So let's start off with my favourite concealer of all time, the Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer! :D The Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer is available in 4 different shades and retails at £4.19. I use the shade '01 - Fair'.



This concealer has to be the best concealer ever, it's better than the majority of high end concealers that I own! 
Not only does this concealer give you an amazing coverage, it also lasts all day too. Before the writing on the tube kindly rubbed off, it stated that the concealer lasts 16+ hours and I have to say that the bottle didn't lie! The only way this little baby will move is if you remove it with makeup cleanser. 
The concealer is pretty thick but that would be expected with a full coverage concealer. The thickness isn't really an issue for me as it's really blend-able, I either use my finger or a brush for blending. 
The only downfall to the concealer is that it's only available in 4 different shades meaning not everyone can use this concealer. I was pretty lucky because the lightest shade matches my skin tone perfectly.
Overall it's a great concealer and it's definitely purse friendly! I would have expected this concealer to be a lot more expensive than it is due to the high quality and longevity of the concealer.

My second favourite concealer has to be the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer. The Bobbi Brown creamy concealer kit consists of a concealer and a setting powder, it also retails at £23.50 and is available in 14 different shades. I use the shade 'Porcelain'. 




The one thing I love about this concealer kit is that it has both a concealer and a setting powder meaning there's no need to go out and buy a separate powder. I also think it's great how there are 14 different shades available, there's most definitely a shade to suit everyone!
The concealer itself is lovely, it's not too thick, it applies really well and it would suit any skin type. My mum has very dry skin and was weary about trying the concealer because she thought it would settle into the dry bits of her skin, but the good thing is that it didn't settle at all.
You would have imagined this concealer to be a full coverage concealer but it's really not, I would say it's a medium coverage but could be build-able to create a full coverage. It's a great concealer for those who want the option of having either a medium/full coverage concealer.
This concealer hides imperfections well and I find that it doesn't feel heavy on the skin, I tend to wear this concealer when I have a spot or two as I find that it hides them well but it also makes me feel like I'm not wearing any makeup. It's such a comfortable concealer to wear, and I love it!

Last but not least is my MAC studio finish concealer. The MAC studio finish concealer retails at £13.50 and is available in 15 different shades. I use the shade 'NW20' although I do think it's a little dark for me.




This concealer is such a good concealer, it covers up anything, from spots to tattoos! It's most definitely a full coverage concealer and I have to say that it's the best full coverage concealer that I own. 
The concealer can be quite drying so if you have dry skin then this probably isn't for you, I can imagine this concealer settling into dry bits of skin. I also wouldn't recommend using this concealer under the eye area as it doesn't really blend that well. I know MAC SA's do recommend this concealer for using under the eyes but honestly, it's not blend-able so you'd end up with patches underneath your eyes. 
I like how this concealer is available in a good variety of shades, it's just a shame that 'NW20' is a little too dark for me, clearly the MAC SA didn't have a clue what she was doing. I think this concealer is relatively inexpensive, in comparison to other high end concealers.
Overall, this concealer is a good full coverage concealer and it's great for hiding little demons on your face. 

Swatches...

From left to right; MAC Studio Finish Concealer, Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer, Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer.

The low down...
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer: 
-Great for imperfections and under the eyes. 
-Full coverage.
-Good for those on a budget.

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer:
-Great for imperfections and under the eyes.
-Medium/Full coverage.
-Quite expensive but good value for money.

MAC Studio Finish Concealer:
-Great for imperfections.
-Full/Maximum coverage.
-Not ideal for dry skin.
-Relatively inexpensive.

If you have any questions then feel free to comment below :) Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. The Collection 2000 one is my fave too, I prefer it to the MAC one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog. Feel free to each other.

    http://kartasia-kj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...