Sunday 12 June 2011

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Update

So as you all know, I've been testing out my new NYX jumbo eye pencils. Today I thought I'd test 'Horseradish'. 'Horseradish' is a lovely green colour and when swatched on the back of the hand it appears to be very pigmented and also shimmery. If you would like to see a swatch of 'Horseradish' then click on this link: NYX Jumbo Pencils

I thought that the jumbo pencils would have been great due to the amount of rave reviews online but I have to say I do not agree with these rave reviews at all. Yes the jumbo pencils are available in every colour known to man and they are only £2.99 each with is awesome but the quality of them is so so shabby. I don't know the formulation of the jumbo pencils but it definitely needs to be altered, they crease so much. I have tested 'Oyster' and 'Horseradish' so far and they both creased, maybe I'll be lucky with 'Milk'.

I didn't really expect the jumbo pencils to crease because, like with all my other eyeshadows, I prime my eyes first with Urban Decay Primer Potion.

If you don't believe me when I say that these babies crease, just take a look at these pictures...

After one hour.

After 3 hours. 

I tend to wear my makeup for around 8 hours and it saddens me that I won't ever be able to use this jumbo pencil again. 

I haven't tried my 'Milk' jumbo pencil yet so I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know how I get on. So far my experience with these hasn't been great and I do regret buying them, it really has put me off buy any other NYX products in the future. 

Final thoughts...

The Good...
  • The jumbo pencils are available in a wide selection of colours.
  • They are only £2.99 which is an absolute bargain. 
  • You get a lot of product, the pencils are long and chunky. 
  • You don't have to use much of it meaning one jumbo pencil will last you a life time.

The Bad...
  • They crease like nothing on earth.
  • They take ages to dry. 
  • They are only good for the purpose of swatching.
  • You have to buy a special NYX sharpener for the jumbo pencils, I only figured this out once I'd bought them. 
  • It's difficult to blend other eyeshadows into them.

The Ugly...
  • Horrendous creasing after one of applying them is not pretty. When I apply any eye product I expect it to last all day. 
All in all, I really don't like the jumbo pencils and I just hope that I don't have the same problem with 'Milk', so far it's not looking promising. 

The only people I'd recommend the jumbo pencils to is those of you who only have to go out of the house for half an hour. 

Sorry NYX but you have failed me this time, I think I'll stick to my uber cheap Yaby eyeshadows! :)

If any of you know how to make these work then comment in the box below! 
:D

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame they crease so badly on you! I personally use mine as a base for my other eyeshadows, maybe try them like that? I don't experience any creasing that way. I don't prime first either, just use my jumbo pencil as the base.

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...