Thursday 16 June 2011

Sleek Monaco i-Divine Palette Update!

As you all know, I received my Sleek Monaco i-Divine palette yesterday. I was so impressed by the colour selection and thought it was great how the palette contained a mixture of matte and shimmer eyeshadows. I've never tried a Sleek matte eyeshadow so I wasn't sure if they were going to be great or a disappointment. 

After swatching the palette I noticed that the 'Bamboo' eyeshadow had pretty poor quality. No matter how much of the eyeshadow I used, it just wouldn't swatch, you couldn't clearly see it on my hand. In the pan it looked like a lovely beige colour but on skin it just didn't show up. If you'd like to see swatches of the palette then click on this link; Sleek Monaco i-Divine Palette

I used the Monaco i-Divine palette today and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the eyeshadows. I didn't expect the matte eyeshadows to be any good, probably because the 'Bamboo' eyeshadow had give me negative thoughts about the rest of the matte eyeshadows. Luckily, I found the matte eyeshadows to be fab. I used 'Summer Breeze' which is a lovely duck egg blue colour and also 'Bamboo' which is a beige colour. 

I think 'Summer Breeze' is such a lovely colour, it's perfect for summer and I think it'd look lovely on it's own or paired with other bright eyeshadows. I found that the pigmentation of this eyeshadow is excellent, I didn't have to use much at all and the colour intensity of this eyeshadow is phenomenal. I also found that it blended well with other eyeshadows and it really did last all day long. To give you an indication, I had been dancing for at least an hour and my makeup looked no different afterwards. 

'Bamboo' did show up better on my eyelids than it did on my hand but I would say that this eyeshadow could only be used as a base for other eyeshadows. It would probably look fab on those of you who have a dark skin tone but on me it just looked a bit naff. 

The application of both eyeshadows is great, they go on smooth and I experienced little, if no, fall out. Some of the eyeshadows can be quite chalky but I personally don't find this a problem, yes I may have to clean my palette every 5 seconds but at least I don't have to wipe away any fall out. 

Overall I like the Sleek Monaco i-Divine palette and the matte eyeshadows are on par with high end matte eyeshadows. I think 'Bamboo' could be improved but I can't complain, the whole palette was only £7.00! 

:)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, lovie...Where are the photos? Got any swatches to show?

    You are featured on my blog today. Come look and see what you think. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly,

    There are swatches on the post after this one I think :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...