Friday 10 June 2011

Purple Look Using NYX

As you all know, I recently bought three NYX jumbo eye pencils in 'Milk', 'Horse Raddish' and 'Oyster'. As I hadn't tried them out I thought I'd create a makeup look using one of them, I chose to test 'Oyster'. Oyster is a light pink colour with a blue/lilac undertone and if you'd like to see a swatch then click on this link; NYX Jumbo Pencils

This look probably won't be to everyones taste as it is quite bright but if you love purple and like to stand out then I'm sure you'll love this look.

Here's the look...


Here's how I created the look:

1.) First I applied eyeshadow primer all over my eyelid, I then blended this using my finger. I used Urban Decay Primer Potion as I personally think this is the best eyeshadow primer ever!

2.) Once the eyeshadow primer had set, I applied 'Oyster' all over my eyelid. I basically used 'Oyster' as a base.

3.) I then applied MAC 'Digit' eyeshadow on top of 'Oyster'. You'll notice that 'Oyster' enhances the colour of 'Digit'.

4.) I then used a small amount of purple eyeshadow in the outer corner of my eye and blended this into the crease. I used the purple eyeshadow in the Sleek Original i-Divine palette.

5.) To finish off the look I applied Urban Decay 'Asphyxia' eyeliner to my bottom lash line and used a small amount of Urban Decay 'Zero' eyeliner on my waterline. I then applied MAC Zoomlash to my lashes.

Where to buy:
Urban Decay Primer Potion - £14.50 - Look Fantastic
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Oyster' - £2.99 - Love-Makeup
MAC Eyeshadow in 'Digit' - £9.50 - MAC
Sleek Original i-Divine palette - £6.49 - Sleek
Urban Decay 'Asphyxia' eyeliner - Unable to purchase as I got mine in a Limited Edition box set.
Urban Decay 'Zero' eyeliner - £13.00 - Look Fantastic
MAC Zoomlash - £13.50 - MAC

Hope you liked this look! I'll be posting more looks this week using my other two NYX jumbo pencils!
:D

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I only have Milk out of the 3 your got. Looks like I will get Oyster now. I like those colors of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my first impression when i saw that photo: "ohmygoodness, that is gorgeous" lol really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really love this purple look. Ive been slacking with my eyes recently just sticking to neutrals or just black liner. seeing this makes me want to play with colour now!
    xo

    kissesandcurls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look. Purple and green eyeshadows are always a favourite of mine! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...