Saturday 11 June 2011

OCC Lip Tars

I wrote a post a couple of weeks ago showing you all how to create your own lipstick using OCC lip tars. I didn't really go into depth about my lip tars so today I thought I'd show you my collection and swatch them. (My hand is now stained from the swatching, but I don't mind! :D) OCC have also launched new lip tars so I cannot wait to get my hands on them! They're YUMMY.

OCC lip tars retail at around £9.00 and can be bought off many websites, including: Love-MakeupthemakeupartistboutiqueCocktail Cosmetics and Genie Cosmetics.

The lip tars I own are:
'Anime' - Neon Pink
'Pageant' - Fuschia
'Hoochie' - Magenta
'Vapid' - Lavender
'Divine' - Pink Flamingo (with a coral undertone)
'Grandma' - True Coral
'Harlot' - Cherry Red (with a coral undertone)
'Feathered' - Opaque White
'Tone' - Grey Pink
'Trollop' - Cranberry

Here's my collection of lip tars...


The pinks and purples...

From left to right; 'Anime', 'Pageant', 'Hoochie', 'Vapid'

Swatches...

The reds and corals...

From left to right; 'Divine', 'Grandma', 'Harlot'
Swatches...

The neutrals...

From left to right; 'Feathered', 'Tone', 'Trollop'
Swatches...

Out of my collection, I'd say that 'Vapid' was the most unique colour. I don't wear it on it's own as I think I'd look like a bit of fruit, I'm not one for representing lilac lips. I purely use 'Vapid' for mixing in with other lip tars, it's good for toning down colours.

I love lips tars and will continue to re-purchase them, they are relatively cheap, great quality and they are probably the most pigmented lip products I own.

These babies last all day meaning there is no need for a touch up. I'd recommend using a lip liner with these as some of them do feather/bleed. You only need to use a tiny amount too, if you use too much then the likelihood is that you're going to get it all over your face.

Hope you like my OCC lip tar collection!
:)

6 comments:

  1. Wow what a collection, haven't tried these but love the look of Anime, Divine and Tone :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh these are gorgeous, the oranges are great colours! Never tried these but I might have to now!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to get some of these at IMATS in January but they sold out sooo quickly! Lovely colours :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. have never seen these before! The colours look amazing :)

    http://lowri-youcantputyourarmsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 2 of these the yellow and peach!! Really need to wear them out x

    Danniella x

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...